
The last week has been turbulent, wonderful, and full of snot. Catherine delivered Thomas Scalley Lever via cesarean on Friday, February 27th. Thomas weighed in at 7lbs 10 ounces and was already peeing as the doctors pulled him out. Thomas and mother are healthy and recovering. We feel very blessed!
So far, Elizabeth has been doing well with little brother. She hasn't told us to take him back to the hospital or tried to put him in the trash yet... don't worry we're keeping our eyes open for the little guy.
It happened that the day that we delivered, I got sick.... sick as a dog. After delivering, I was resting with Catherine and I told her I couldn't believe that my entire body was aching. I thought that it was a transcendent moment in which my body was in somehow so linked to my wife's that I was worn out- ya, right. The cough and sore throat started shortly after that and I finally realized that I caught a viral bug from a classmate. Catherine spent the next four days in the hospital and due to my cough, I had to stay away. It was hard.
Luckily, Catherine's mother has been taking care of all three of us, nursing Catherine and I back to health and keeping the little ones alive. Finally after over a week, I'm feeling back to baseline and Catherine is feeling much improved.
Thank you for all of your well wishes. We wish you could be here to see Thomas yourself!
5 comments:
YAY! i am so glad he is here. he is darling and beautiful and i can't wait to meet him. i am sorry you have been sick jackson, but glad oma claudia was there to hold down the fort. cath, great job! you've done it again, another darling baby that i will want to steal. love you guys and hope everything continues to go so well.
CONGRATS!! He is ADORABLe. Jackson, you need to send me Catherine's # so I can hear all about what it's like to have 2!! ;)
Congratulations!!! Sorry about the sickness and stress. He is adorable!
Congrats Lever! He must take after Catherine, cuz he's a cute kid. Hope all is well.
He is so cute! Congrats!
Post a Comment